08-28-2012 03:56 PM - edited 09-18-2012 04:45 PM
Welcome to Pet360! Our mission is to provide a peer-to-peer network for passionate pet owners who strive to be the best parents they can by doing more to ensure the health and happiness of their fur-kids. Some are here to learn more about health-related issues and diseases, some are seeking out the counsel of other pet parents, and others simply enjoy sharing tips and advice.
To keep the community productive and beneficial for all members, it is critical that users follow the guidelines outlined below. Additionally, usage of the community requires acceptance of and adherence to the Terms of Service.
- Be respectful. Respect people's time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing your knowledge as a pet parent. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, hostile comments, or threats of violence, are strictly prohibited and will result in removal of offending posts and potential expulsion from the community.
- Be relevant. Make sure your contributions are relevant to the purpose of the community and to the specific board where you post. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. Advertisements and solicitations are rarely relevant. Off-topic or unproductive posts will be moved and/or removed for the benefit of all members.
- Avoid duplication. As a courtesy to the rest of the community, search the archives of previous messages to avoid duplication of questions and to take advantage of previous contributions from the community. The search utility is located at the top of each page.
- Keep your word. Don't post anything that would violate any contractual agreements (copyright, trade secret, or otherwise) or nondisclosure agreements to which you are a party.
- Protect your privacy and that of others. Do not share personal information in public posts. To share personal information (such as address or phone number) with other community members, private messages are recommended. Sharing the personal information of others is also prohibited.
- Remember, this is user-generated content. You'll find plenty of good advice here, but remember that your situation may vary from that of the individual sharing a solution. Some advice you find here may even be wrong. Apply the same good judgment here that you would apply to information found anywhere on the Internet.
- No activity regarding the sale of animals. There may be no activity relating to breeding, studding or the sale of animals. Animal welfare or rescue organizations may include in their postings an adoption fee to cover medical and general operating expenses.
- No solicitation. Members may not engage in solicitation of charity or individual donations.
- Thank those who help you. Giving a paws up, accepting answers as solutions and posting thank you replies are ways of showing appreciation.
Act responsibly. Please remember that advice or information posted in a discussion is the personal opinion of the person providing it. If something sounds wrong to you, do not try it. Use your common sense, and always seek the advice of a veterinarian in a medical emergency.
If you recognize any violation of these guidelines, please notify us within the community by using the “Report Abuse to Moderator” feature in the Options menu of the post, or if you have any questions about our guidelines, terms, or policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind, though, that Pet360 is first and foremost a peer-to peer community and not a direct support channel, so if you have questions for Pet360, please contact email@example.com. Our team will be happy to help!
Pet360 Moderator Rights and Responsibilities
Pet360 reserves the right to assign moderating and administrative rights to its members. Pet360’s moderators are on hand to facilitate discussions and assist users with using discussion tools.
To this end, Pet360 grants its moderators the right to edit and delete posts that they consider contrary to the community guidelines or otherwise illegal, harmful, or inaccurate. Pet360 will attempt to conduct these activities in a timely fashion; however, Pet360 is not responsible for delays in editing or removing posts, or for failure to do so.
Moderators may also take actions they deem necessary to limit user access to the discussions. For instance, a moderator can, at his or her sole discretion, ban a user from the discussions either temporarily or permanently and without warning.
Discussing or complaining about moderator actions on the forum is not allowed. If you feel that your posts have been moderated unfairly, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading - We hope you enjoy the community!
Community Engagement Manager, Pet360