Pawtributor
djsoffar

Re: Litter tracking

I agree that the Breeze Litter System is the best I've ever found.  It doesn't track and it is super easy to clean.  The pad that collects urine is just like a disposable baby diaper.

Favored Furball
pattisue

i've used feline pine after trying all different clay litters ; of which i didn't like any. too messy and too much fragance. bad for me with asthma and cats would prefer no fragance also. i've asked then don't like the smell. twenty years using original feline pine.

2013-09-29 17.32.06.jpg
Pawtributor
ChateauCatKathy

We've got the Booda mat and the Pruven mat, both work well and keep the litter bits from traveling all over!

troublesniffer

Hi Rebecca!

I have tried mats- and mats and other mats and finally gave up many years ago once I discovered the Clever Cat litter boxes. Mats just didn't do the job, and I found they slipped out from under the box no matter how hard I tried to anchor it.

But the grooves on the top of the Clever Cat litter  box catches a huge amount of litter even if the cat jumps out of the box like a jet plane after using the "facility".

I don't know if you carry this box but I think it would be great to add to the excellent products for sale on the site..

I think World's Best Cat Litter is aptly named. It is, in my opinion the best litter on the market. And you are correct, it doesn't track nearly as much as any of the other brands I tried.

But our cats are the ones to choose the litter they will use. Those scented litters actually prevent cats from leaving their "calling" cards. Just the right litter and box is more important than anything else, in my humble opinion. 

Pet360 Foster Parent

>^..^<
People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life

FrequentlyFeline Blog
Pawesome Pal
Gigi333

[ Edited ]

Hi Caitlingute :smileyhappy: Litter in pellet form works great to reduce tracking, though the more the litter breaks down before changing it, the finer the particles get and though the tracking is less then with other litters I tried I still had litter all over the place. I really noticed that when moving to an apartment with hardwood floors!! My preferred litter is Feline Pine Original http://www.pet360.com/product/3004/feline-pine-original-cat-litter It definitely reduced tracking even before I switched to the box I will get into next and is all natural.

I still was searching to not just less tracking, I wanted none and I found it with a litter box cabinet that has two levels, box being in top level, and is lined with a special tracking grass mat. To get out the cat will jump out of box onto mat and down a level on another mat and walk out. I swear I have ZERO tracking. It is called the Outofsight Litterbox cabinet https://secure.outofsightlitterbox.com/specifications.php It is truly amazing, I got the white one (see pic). It is a bit pricey but to me well worth the money and last forever basically. It has a peep opening in front and back on top so kitty feels secure. My babies took to it immediately!

Home1White.jpg
troublesniffer

Hi Caitlingute!

While it is not a mat- what I have found extraordinarily helpful in preventing litter tracking is the combo- Worlds Best Litter and the Clever Cat Litter box. The Clever Cat box is a covered box- with the entrance not in the center- but a bit toward the rear end of the box. 

The top has grooves that catch the litter- so the litter falls into the grooves which is very easy to lift the lid and put the litter back in the box.

It is high sided so cats that prefer to stand up while urinating can do so to their heart's content and not mess up a wall or have urine stream outside the box. Had that problem for years until I discovered this really amazing litter box.

I have two cats and three of these boxes. The cats love them. I have had them since 1997 in fact- and they are still in pristine condition. Easy to clean too.

While they may be a tad more pricey at first - I have saved a bundle in replacing boxes - so they have MORE than paid for themselves.  It REALLY works.

Hope this helps!

Jo

Pet360 Foster Parent

>^..^<
People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life

FrequentlyFeline Blog
Frisky Friend
KittyCouch360

This is a great question!  What I find works best in terms of a mat is the Booda No Tracking Mat.  It has grooves, so catches any litter that may come out of the litter box and it's easy to clean up.  Check it out here:  http://www.pet360.com/product/12765/booda-no-track-titanium-colored-cat-litter-mat

Thanks,
KittyCouch360

Best of Breed
Rebecca

I've been using World's Best Cat litter lately for my two cats, and I"m finding it does seem to track a lot less.  My sister loves the Breeze Litter System - definitely little to no tracking because the litter is in pellet form.  I used it, but I didn't like the idea of using the pads to collect the urine (it just seems a little eco-unfriendly to me).  My sister swears by it though.

I have found that, in general, the litter that comes in pellet form stays in the box much better than the grainy kind.

We do have some mats for sale, but I have not personally tried any of these.  I'd be interested in hearing anyone's opinion who has - does anyone find that using the litter track mats reduces litter scatter?

-Rebecca
(Retired) Community Engagement Manager, Pet360
Sniffin' Around
caitlingute

Litter tracking

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've tried many different litters and no matter what I do, my cat still manages to track litter across the floor. Does anyone have any advice for the best mats or litter to avoid this issue?

Thanks!

Search our Community

Paws Up
Cat Petiquette - Behavior & Training
Paws Up Leaderboard
User Paws Up Count