Best of Breed
Rebecca

How do you include your cat in the Halloween fun?

Sure, the dogs get all of the fun costumes.  But what about the cats?

How do you include your cat in on the Halloween fun?  Do you dress up your cat for Halloween?  Go all out with the cat-themed decorations in your home?  

This year I'll be carving my pumpkin into a cat and putting up plenty of scary black-cat pics in my home.  

How will you celebrate Halloween with your kitty?

-Rebecca
(Retired) Community Engagement Manager, Pet360
Pick of the Litter
Ches21

Re: How do you include your cat in the Halloween fun?

Every year all of our pets get special treats or toys on the holidays such as Halloween that they wouldn't normally get! Shorty does love to play dress up though, so I will try to get a pic of him in a Halloween costume this year and post it!

Best of Breed
Rebecca

Ohhh please do! I can't wait to see his pic!

I think I just may have to get some Halloween gear for my cats this year...

-Rebecca
(Retired) Community Engagement Manager, Pet360
Pawtributor
ctemple

This is my first year with my cat, Daisy, I plan on getting her a costume. She'll probably end up being Hello Kitty. Also, I'll probably get her a little treat, she's a very hungry cat. 

Pawtributor
WendyT

I have a black cat, Zoe, so we give her extra treats and playtime on Halloween! We think she's good luck, not bad. 

Frisky Friend
KikisMom

My cats are spoiled, and have more toys than some children... but I always use holidays as a chance to give them new toys and throw out the old ones. Sometimes I try to get cute holiday-themed toys for them, or I just pick up a couple new versions of their favorite toys. They're getting some new toy mice this Halloween because I just had to throw out a bunch that were missing butts. I can't wait to see them carrying them around in their mouths!!

My husband and I make a big production about giving them their toys so they get all excited... and soon they're standing on their hind legs, batting, jumping, and we have ourselves a little family play session before we just let them go off with their toys on their own. It usually ends with one of them stealing both toys and sitting on one while playing with the other... and then it's treat time :smileyhappy:

Pawtributor
Karen

I actually take my kitty with us trick or treating!  my kids love having him with us when we go out!

Frisky Friend
KittyCouch360

Ha ha ... i wish my kitty would let me dress him up, but no luck there!  He does, however, get extra special treats during Halloween!

~KittyCouch360

Frisky Friend
ohmymiah19

We're anti Halloween at our house. And anti Christmas. And anti lots of fun stuff. We're fuddy duddies. LOL  

Okay, let me rephrase that... we take joy and fun from all ya'all who dress your pets up and play with them. We tried dressing ours up... they hated it. I would love to greet trick or treaters with one of my dogs dressed up like, oh, Dracula. But, they won't have it. They just want to bark. 

As for the cat - she's still not sure she wants to join us upstairs. She hangs out in her 'area' in our family room, mostly. So, I wonder what the ringing of the doorbell Halloween night will do. Will it freak her out, do you think? 

Co-founder of BlogPaws, Shaping Social Media Excellence, Influence and Education One Amazing Pet Parent at a Time.
Pawtributor
RobinMudge

Halloween Safety Tips for Cats

[ Edited ]

While you are having fun with your kitty, make sure you stay safe!

I just posted a great article on my blog about keeping your cat safe this Halloween. Please check it out! http://playfulkitty.wordpress.com/2013/10/28/cats-satanic-cults-and-halloween-safety-tips/

Search our Community

Paws Up
Cat Travel, Fun & Play
Paws Up Leaderboard
User Paws Up Count