Sniffin' Around
krd0618

I can't stop him from going in the house.

[ Edited ]

I have a 6 year old Boston Terrier, Pug Male and No matter what I do and how often I put him out. He always has to go pee in the house. He has ruined alot of furniture he even goes to the bathroom in our laundry room on the dirty clothes.I cant bring him anywhere because he goes to the bathroom at my friends houses as well, I have tried everything! Can someone please help me!

Sniffin' Around
bcats

Housetraining issues

[ Edited ]

Honey does #1 outside. She does #2 outside but sometimes she'll be outside but come in to do #2, why?

Pawtributor
oreo_is_my_pup

My puppy Oreo will go number 1 and number 2 outside but she goes in the house. What should i do?

How can you train a puppy to use a puppy pad in the house?  Our puppy is a Shihtzu-Bichon mix and she is 10months old.  She has learned to go outside but sometimes, usually early moring and late afternoon, she goes #1 on the carpet.  I have put out puppy pads in the spots I have noticed she likes to go in, and she goes next to the puppy pad, or within a foot ot 2 of it...

oreooo3.JPG
llpensinger
Topics: 5
Paws Up: 31
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0

Oreo

Oreo's mom I wrote a reply concerning this issue, please read.  I hope it will help, if there's anything else I could help you with send me a message.  Hope this helps, have a great day and God Bless!

Lu

Lu Pensinger
llpensinger@gmail.com
Pet Enthusiast
Dogs Tux tuckered out.jpg
Frisky Friend
AzureSky

Housetraing training problems

[ Edited ]

My George wasn't reliably trained until he was about 5 months old. I made a rod for my own back by using puppy pads when he was tiny. Mainly because the weather was very cold and often wet for weeks on end. I was afriad he would catch a cold.

To train him so he would go outside, I put him outside after he had a drink and after food. I would stay with him and praise him profusely, each time he performed outside. To start with, he would still wee indoors usualy by the front door or in the bathroom. By 4 months he was OK most of the time apart from occasional accidents.

I never told him off. If I caught him in the act, I picked him up and rushed outside,  then said "wee wee outside". He soon cottoned on to the word "outside". Eventually, the penny dropped and he wee'd outside every time and would ask to go out.

The only time since then he has peed in the house, was after he was castrated, twice on the first day home. He may have been affected by the anaesthetic. I was really surprised. He hasn't done it any more.

The main thing you need, is patience, patience and more patience.

Be like a dog, if you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.
Baby George.jpg
Frisky Friend
AzureSky

Housr training

I never used a crate. We did have a gate across the entrance to the kitchen, where we put him for time out, when he was being hyper and naughty.

Be like a dog, if you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.
Frisky Friend
D-dee

Stop peeing In the house

Oreo-
The first thing is to TOTALLY neutralize the areas on the carpet where she has been peeing.
Then since you've identified when, early a.m., late p.m., take her outside at these times and WAIT 'till she pees; reward in your normal fashion. No guarantees she'll stop completely but it should help.
keep their tail waggin'!
llpensinger
Topics: 5
Paws Up: 31
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0

House Training with a crate

[ Edited ]

Have you had your dog since it was a puppy?  Has he always done this?  Did you have other dogs in the house that he may be marking his territory?  Is he neutered?  Has he been checked by a Vet for a urinary tract infection?

I wrote this for someone training a puppy so some of it isn't of use to you maybe.  But the concept is the same and can be used to retrain an older dog.  Usually when using a crate the dog will not go to the bathroom when in the crate.  Of course this depends on the size of the crate.  Understanding how a mother treats her pups is helpful.  When a puppy nurses the mother then will lick the puppy to stimulate it to go to the bathroom, sounds gross I know but mother dogs take care of this for her puppies for quite a while.  So they nurse and then to be specific she licks their bottoms until they go to the bathroom.  When training a puppy you need to take this on to an extent.  As soon as you get up, and the puppy may wake you by whining, you take the puppy out and stay out with them until you actually see them go.  Then you bring them in and feed them and allow them to drink, then take the puppy out again right away or within about 20 minutes or so, once again making sure they go.  You can bring them in and let them play a little bit maybe an hour if you have that much time in the a.m., then once again take them out.  Bring them in and put them in the crate, they should be able to lay down in the crate but shouldn't have too much room or they will go in one end of the crate.  I'm assuming that you work outside the house, so when you come home they need to be taken out immediately once again making sure they go.  Then feed and water again, take them out again, they can come in and play again, most of the time you can let them play for a little longer.  You need to pay close attention to them when your training.  If they are napping and get up take them out and you always need to make sure you see them go.  It's important to praise them in a high excited voice whenever they go, give treats, make a big deal out of it, etc.  I've trained many puppies this way, with few accidents, if you actually catch them in the act of having a accident in the house, immediately tell them 'NO' in a loud voice, and even if they have went take them outside, this is the only time that if they don't go it's ok to bring them in.  If they have an accident and you don't actually catch them in the act forget it and clean up, there's no sense in rubbing their nose in it or trying to correct them after the deed is done.  

There is a product called Simple Solutions that does a great job of elimanating urine odors to stop marking.  If there's anything else I can help you with let me know, have a great day and God Bless!

Good luck,

Lu

Lu Pensinger
llpensinger@gmail.com
Pet Enthusiast
Sniffin' Around
meshell2014

going poop in house

Our 3 year old BichonPom (half bichon frise & half pomeranian) well go poop in the house..I have tried & tried everything to break her of this. She'll go out & has soon as she comes in she will run to our bedroom & go. She does not do this all the time. I have even caught her in the act & made her go out. Any advise would be great. Thanks

Sniffin' Around
ron41

she is box trained' but she pees in the box but poops on the floor.

Search our Community

Get Our Free eBook!
Paws Up
Dog Petiquette - Behavior & Training
Paws Up Leaderboard