Frisky Friend
Dragyn

Obsessive eating of feces.

I know a lot of dogs sooner or later show an interest in eating feces, but what do you do when it becomes obsessive?  I think I could almost handle it if she was eating her own, but my dog has taken an apparent liking to eating duck poop.  I have ducks as well as rabbits and years ago my family had a dog that loved rabbit poop, but my dog I have now is obsessed with duck poop.  I can't even take her out in the barn or anywhere around the barn because she will obsessively search for every pile of feces she can find.  She will even lick it off of my boots when I come back inside the house and if she gets the chance she will lick my boots clean.  Other than the obvious fact that it's insanely unhealthy I'm also worried about various parasites or disease going from bird to dog.  Setting aside the million and one questions I have as to WHY she does this, I need to know how to get her to stop.  So far nothing works.  The last time she went for my boots I literally had to grab her muzzle, hold her mouth shut, and pull her away while also hanging on to her collar.  The entire time she was throwing a fit and and kept trying to go after my boots again.  Yes, I can keep my boots in an area where she can't get to them but I still have to get the problem corrected because she's gotten to the point where she constantly walks with her mouth to the ground looking for poop to eat.  Any ideas?

Pawtributor
nycurlee

Re: Obsessive eating of feces.

My six month old GSD is into own everyday.I pick up what I can but he goes behide the trees and bushes s where I can't get into. When I walk him around the neighborhood he won't go until we home.so far I have tried a product called Potty Mouth...it did not work foyer him.
Pawtributor
nycurlee

Re: Obsessive eating of feces.

Cont.I was tools to try btewers yeast, which was in the product I tried.At the dog park he has not shown interest in other animals waste. My sister's gig goes crazy for cat waste.I to worry about parasites.www r not to thrilled when her trys to lick us.I need advise also.
Pawtributor
godsgirlisreal

poop eating

xavier1.jpg

Pawtributor
godsgirlisreal

Re: poop eating

Xavier is my baby in the family, he is precious, playful, and alot of fun....the only problem is that he loves to eat his poop. I have tried everything from meat tenderizer to yuck poo pills to ciane pepper, what if anything can anybody suggest.

NOKIALUMIA - W8_20140308160217.jpg

Search our Community