Frisky Friend Kel
Frisky Friend
Kel

Why does my dog like to sleep on my feet?

Frisky Friend
Kehaulanih

Hmmmm... Maybe your poochie likes their scent? Not saying...

Hmmmm... Maybe your poochie likes their scent? Not saying they're stinky, but our feet can have it's own odor, something your dog recognizes as being his favorite person's scent. 

Our doggies love to be near us and for me it seems like this is his/her action of that? In anycase, I think it's cute! He loves you that much he feels enough comfort and calm by resting on your feet. Too cool!

Established Member
Vinny

Mostly dogs are very devoted to their master so they want...

Mostly dogs are very devoted to their master so they want to be as close as possible to them, It's very sweet and cute. Tis why dogs are man's & woman's best friends!

Vince

Pawtributor
Eagle

Certain breeds such as Rhodesiian Ridgebacks are very pro...

Certain breeds such as Rhodesiian Ridgebacks are very protective of their masters. Is that a problem for you or are you just curious? If that is a problem I would suggest talking to a vet. It just might be a physical problem.

Pawtributor
Eagle

It could also be  physical problem with you that you dont...

It could also be  physical problem with you that you dont know about. When I first got a pacemaker my dog kept pawing at it . finally I had symptoms that got me back to the doctor, and when they checked my pacemaker they found they had set it too high. After they lowered it I didnt have any more problems,& my dog didnt paw at it anymore. Animals sense things that we dont!!

Pawtributor
Toad_Hall

INter and intra species sensing of others feelings and other information!

I was recently amazed to find that there are lots of SCIENTIFIC studies that find that there is the ability of other animals and we humans to sense and read others information.

Governments are very involved in researching this for military uses.

Pawtributor
Toad_Hall

it isn't unusual for dogs in a pack to sleep against the leader

My Aussies have always wanted to lay half up against me when the're sleeping.

The Bitches seem to want to sleep near my head, seems cats do this also don't they?

Pawtributor
alex_gold

Protectiveness

Speaking from experience, I think that it is the dog's way of saying that you're his' or her's. Whenever another person or dog enters my house, Mr. Bennett sits on my feet and kisses them. I truiy believe it is a sign of love and protectivemess from your dog. Take it as a sign of compassion and love!

Search our Community