Admin
Rebecca

How do you show your dog love? Do you spoil your dog?

[ Edited ]

You do spoil your dog, don't you?

I don't think this is really "spoiling."  More being the best pet parent I can be! But this is how I "spoil" my dogs:

1.  I took my favorite fluffy blanket and put it in Finn's crate for him to sleep on when I'm at work.

2.  Finn gets to choose which side of the bed he sleeps on each night.  I accomodate.

3. When  I take Dash with me on shopping trips I let him hang out in his bag and carry him everywhere:

DashBag.JPG

4.  When Dash comes on a family outing, I make my parents sit in the backseat of the car so he can sit upfront in his carseat.

DashCarseatJPG

5.  Dash loves sweet potatoes so we give him 1/4 of a sweet potato at dinner ever night!

SO - How do you spoil YOUR dog?

-Rebecca
Community Engagement Manager, Pet360
sophiemol
Topics: 22
Paws Up: 132

Re: How do you spoil your dog?

I'm the worst when it comes to spoiling!!!

I spoil with spending way too much money!  Daisy has 3 dog beds.  Three.  One for each room of my apartment.  And, of course, they are only the finest of the fine beds (more comfortable than my own bed)

I'm also terrible with spoiling with treats.  She always has to sit for a treat, but everytime a new treat comes out on the market I buy it and give it to her.  I've got about 5 different treat packages opened right now!

Pawtributor
BlogPawsCarol

He has better shampoo, better health insurance, a more chic wardrobe, and more friends: And I wouldn't have it any other way. He is my baby :smileywink:

Frisky Friend
MissAmanda

This spoiled guy gets special cuddle sessions before bed time...

nit1a.JPG

Even though he got this fabulous new bed of his own...

nit3a.JPG

He also gets to go on fun hikes and go swimming. So spoiled!

nit2a.JPG

lifewithbeagle

I started a blog about my beagle. Lulu gets lots and lots of attention because of it. lol So I'm not the only one who spoils her. That makes things easy.

Lulu goes everywhere she's allowed. She's had sausage at a German restaurant, meatballs at an Italian restaurant and yogurt from Pinkberry. Not a surface in the house is forbidden to her. And I have a stockpile of Natural Balance treats, and she gets more every time we go to a store.

Christie from Life with beagle.com

The more I talk to people, the more I prefer my dog.
Frisky Friend
Andrfields

I love it!
Pawtributor
Wags1952

I also have a beagle-Gordy! She's 5 years and of course has her own food. but she gets treats every day. She has 3 different kinds she likes. She sleeps in bed with us and of course she thinks she owns the apartment. She loves everybody.We found her abandoned and she's been our baby ever since. I'd send a picture but I can't on my laptop. Write back.

Sandycakes

@Wags1952 ,

Please pretty please don't forget to come back and post a photo of Gordy!! :womanhappy:

Face nuzzles & belly rubs from Moco,

Sandra
Pet360 Foster Parent
Pawtributor
LILITH72

[ Edited ]

Tempo 08_19-2012 008.JPGHow don't I spoil him?  He has full run of the house, we go jogging or walking twice a day, every day...regardless... and he gets massages because he's getting older and gets stiff sometimes... Oh and a cheeseburger every Saturday.  I don't mind at all...He's my best friend and the sweetest boy ever, so nothing is too much....  :smileytongue: 

Pawtributor
chloedog

DSC03445.JPGI do the following for my Maltipoos, Chloe and Niti:DSC03858.JPG

They each have elevated car seats and love their rides in the SUV, even around the block a few times if we are short on time.

The best food and treats money can buy.DSC03492.JPG

I get frozen knuckle bones shipped to me and watch as they enjoy.

I take Chloe for rides on my Vespa, in a back pack.  She loves them and gets so excited when I pull out the back pack.

Play a lot, even with an Animal Planet remote controlled spider!

Their beds are cushioned with the softest (our robes) materials known to man.

I take Chloe to work with me in her elavated seat in my work truck a lot.

Talk to them like they are humans.

Doggie bagels from Einsteins!  One per week which they hoard over for days until they eat them.

Yes, they are spoiled, but we (my wife Joni & I) made them that way.

They relish in it, and so do we!

Rick

Search our Community

Get Our Free eBook!
Paws Up
Dog Travel, Fun & Play
Paws Up Leaderboard
User Paws Up Count