Answer
Sniffin' Around
RunningGrandma
Seresto Flea and Tick Collar for Small Dogs

Our 10 yr old 10 lb Yorkie has always been extremely sensitive to all topicals and immunizations. She was paralyzed for 3 months from over the counter flea shampoos when she was 3 and finally was able to walk after months of 'in home' therapy.  How many hours a day would be required for her to wear her new Seresto collar?  We live in southern Indiana and definitely have tick issues.  Could she wear it 5-6 hours and remove it at night?  What would you suggest to enable the ingredients to continue to be absorbed but possibly at fewer hours?  Thanks so much for your help.  Lynda Denton

Other Answers: 3
Admin
Rebecca
Answered

Hi Lynda,

I had a chance to speak with a Seresto representative, and she recommended that you contact Bayer at 1800-25-6826.  I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help!

-Rebecca
Community Engagement Manager, Pet360
Admin
Rebecca
Answered

Hi RunningGrandma -

I'm so, so sorry to hear about your little Yorkie! Let me see if I can get a Bayer/Seresto rep to weigh in...I haven't used their product yet, so I don't have an answer for you.

Btw - have you tried any natural options?  You may want to check out The Natural Options group to see if they have any alternative recommendations if you are too concerned about the chemical side effects.

In the meantime, I'll see what I can find out!

-Rebecca
Community Engagement Manager, Pet360
New Paw-ticipant
Herro
Answered
I spoke with a Seresto representative as I take my dog hiking and I wanted to know if I could put the collar on my dog only before and after a hike, to protect from ticks. Kind of similar to what you want to do. They told me that they do not know, because the collar has not been tested for using it intermittently, it was designed to be used constantly. They didn't say it would not work however, but the 8 month life may decrease.

Search our Community

Paws Up
Miscellaneous Q & A
Paws Up Leaderboard
User Paws Up Count