Pawtributor
inked_cherry

Flea Medication

Has anyone used the pill form of flea meds?  Was thinking about trying it, but not sure if there is any difference.  Opinions on it.

Frisky Friend
CarmaPoodale

We use them on animals who come in to our no kill humane...

We use them on animals who come in to our no kill humane society for 1st treatment. They rid the pet of adult fleas in 24 hours and they continue to work for the month. After that we use the topical type since it is less expensive for us.

I also have friends who use them because they have small children and don't want the topical type. They work really well.  

Pick of the Litter
Ches21

The problem with this stuff is the fact that it doesn't w...

The problem with this stuff is the fact that it doesn't work on flea eggs and I don't know if you plan on using capstar but my uncle uses that on his golden retriever Daisy and he says the fleas fall off dead all over the place so you also have to dispose of the dead fleas I never see the dead fleas when using advantage but it does seem to work to get rid of them.

Pawtributor
Sdeegz1119

Re: The problem with this stuff is the fact that it doesn't w...

Advantage is the best treatment I've found particularly for flea removal. However it is not magical and doesn't make the dead fleas disappear. You're just not noticing them falling off. Where do you think they go?

Search our Community

Get Our Free eBook!
Paws Up
Whole Dog - Health & Wellness
Paws Up Leaderboard
User Paws Up Count