Pawtributor
Kuni

My Maltese has had diarrhea for the past 4 days. What can I do?

JackieK

Hi Kuni,   You'll definitely want to consult your veterin...

Hi Kuni,

You'll definitely want to consult your veterinarian to determine the cause of the diarrhea which will help you better treat the issue.  Especially since she's been ill for 4 days she's probably really dehydrated. In the mean time you can try giving her some rice with chicken stock instead of her normal kibbles (although watch the sodium content on the chicken stock).  You can also try some banana, sweet potatoe or pumpkin (make sure its not pumpkin pie filling if you're using canned stuff) to help her stomach a bit. 

Cheers,

Jackie K

Sniffin' Around
cindylb20

Re: Hi Kuni, You'll definitely want to consult your veterin...

Hi!

What was the outcome or diagnosis for your little one?  My Garcee had the diarrhea problem a month ago and after getting her feces checked by the vet - everything was fine so he put her on an antibiotic.  Still did not clear up and by the end of the week, her tummy was distended - looked like she could pop.  After x-ray and blood work, concluded she has inflamed bowel disease and was put on a steroid, along with the antibiotic and also changed her food to a anti-allergen.  She is doing very well now, but probably will be on the steroid from now on.  Next appointment will determine if we can cut the dosage back.

Pawtributor
tabitab

Hi White meat chicken helps a lot with diarrhea. Tabitha...

Hi
White meat chicken helps a lot with diarrhea. Tabitha has colitis and that is what the vet told me to give her when she has flare ups. Now I keep cans of it in my apatment for her, just like tuna cans. I drain it under cold water. Hope your little one is better

Search our Community

Get Our Free eBook!
Paws Up
Whole Dog - Health & Wellness
Paws Up Leaderboard