Pawtributor
adragonam

fleas won't die

My pets were on Advantage for months, my carpet treated with diatomaceous   earth, my yard with nematodes and sprayed with herbals. In July we were over run with fleas. I applied the Advantage every 2 wks per the vet, they would not die. Switched to Vectra ..no good. Been applying Vectra every 2 wks , the fleas walk right through it with no effect..It used to be if you applies Advantage with the dog standing in the tub ,within 10 minutes you could watch the fleas drop off…No more . I’ve been spraying and vacuuming to no end.

Pawtributor
babymadison

I am having the same problem, my vet said that for reason...

I am having the same problem, my vet said that for reasons unknown at this time fleas are showing resistance this year to the flea meds. Most areas are infested with fleas and that makes it difficult to eliminate them.
Sniffin' Around
tbjewell

I am also having this problem !!! I've been using the Wal...

I am also having this problem !!! I've been using the Walmart brand of Advantage on my two dogs. The vet said that it was just as good. I don't know what to do at this point. They are picking up the fleas when I take them outside to do their business, and when I bring them back in, they are covered in fleas !!! It was so bad last night that I had to bathe both of them at midnight just to get some of the fleas off so they could sleep. I am very worried about using pesticides or anything that will be harmful to them, but I can't stand to see them covered in fleas. One of my dogs, my Jack Russell is on medication for a spinal injury. He is 12 years old. Does anyone have any ideas for anything that will "repel" fleas?
Pawtributor
NinaNapalm

my vet says bomb for fleas once a month for three months...

my vet says bomb for fleas once a month for three months wash dog with flea and tick shampoo then bursh with a flea brush to get the eggs off use frontline  wash bedding in soapy hot water vaccum regularly

NinaNapalm

Search our Community

Get Our Free eBook!
Paws Up
Whole Dog - Health & Wellness
Paws Up Leaderboard
User Paws Up Count